Readings

 I find my pessimistic and nihilistic being consoled by Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Camus, Cioran, Zapffe, Mainlander, Bahnsen, Unamuno, Pessoa, Ligotti (as a writer of ‘The conspiracy against the human race’), Thacker, Benatar and others. My imperfect human heart gets consoled by the writings of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Voltaire, Kafka, Hesse, Oscar Wilde, Shestov, Solzhenitsyn, Lispector, Rilke, Leopardi, Huysmans, Baldwin, Hemingway, Beckett and others. My rebellious being finds consolation in the works of Sade, Masoch, Genet, Casanova, Bataille, Henry Miller, Anais Nin, D H Lawrence, Nabokov, Rimbaud, Verlaine, Cocteau, Rachilde, Sand, Stendhal, Bukowski, Salinger, Edmund white, Michel Houellebecq and others. My intellectual self enjoys Heraclitus, Aurelius, Seneca, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Spinoza, Kant, Hegel, william James, Hume, Sartre, Derrida, Wittgenstein, Foucault, Russell, Heidegger, Huxley, Freud, Jung, Sanders Peirce, Merleau-Ponty, Vonnegut, Deleuze, Lyotard, Barthes, Badiou, Klossowski, Fromm, Giono, Audin, Breton, Gide, Arendt, Sontag, Zizek, Dawkins, Dennett, Harris, Pinker and others. My wanderer self finds solace in the works of Kerouac, Ginsberg, Hunter S. Thompson and Burroughs. Now I have weapons to deal with the absurdity, uncertainty and melancholy of life. The cruel world seems normal now. I have no complaints.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meditations